When we decided to move to London, Eddy went out and purchased the Aesop London Travel Kit as a act of commitment. It was exciting to have a whole travel toiletry kit ready to go at a minute’s notice. Aesop’s London Travel kit is filled with travel sizes of Aesop’s most desired products. This kit is perfect for long-haul flights, short vacations or just to try everything on a pint size. I would say the star of the set is the Parsley Seed range which boasts its rich antioxidant factor and just takes the skincare to another level.
- Classic Shampoo, 50ml/ 1.7fl.oz.
- Classic Conditioner 50ml/ 1.7fl.oz.
- Rind Concentrate Body Balm 50ml/ 1.7fl.oz.
- Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser 50ml/ 1.7fl.oz.
- Mouthwash 50ml/ 1.7fl.oz.
- Parsley Seed Antioxidant Facial Toner 15ml/ 05.fl.oz.
- Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser 15ml/ 05.fl.oz.
- Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator 15ml/ 05.fl.oz.
- A wash cloth with a beautifully printed quote
- A black travel bag
All the bottles are translucent brown. However, unlike their larger brown glass bottles, the travel size bottles are all plastic. It would have been a much nicer touch if they were all glass bottles, however, I can understand that because it is a travel kit, the bottles will be jingling and jangling in the bag quite frequently. So, you wouldn’t want any of these bottles breaking and spilling over everything.
- Classic Shampoo: Although it contains Peppermint, Juniper and Tea Tree Extracts that is meant to ‘thoroughly cleanse hair without drying it out’ I found that with the hard water in London, it didn’t clean my hair very well at all. I felt like there was always residue in my hair and I needed something more stronger than this mild concoction.
- Classic Conditioner: I found it very difficult to get the conditioner out of the bottle. As the bottle was made of plastic, it was an awkward squish to get it out of the bottle.
- Body Balm: This was a nice cream. Always made me feel luxurious and fresh due to its refreshing scent of citrus rind concentrate.
- Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser: very nicely scented with Mandarin and Bergamot Rind, the 50 ml bottle is just not enough to last a couple of days. I would increase this to 100 ml because realistically, this is the one item that will be used the most.
- Mouthwash: Really like this mouthwash, you can read more on my review for this mouthwash here.
- Parsley Seed Facial Cleanser: This is a clarifying formulation that removes surface impurities and offers mild exfoliation from Lactic Acid. Particularly good for keeping clean skin when your stuck on a plane for over 10 hours or polluted urban areas.
- Parsley Seed Antioxidant Facial Toner: Works like any other toner.
- Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator: This is a very light formula that hydrates quite well.
I think this is for wiping or drying your face but the cloth is rather on the rough side so I couldn’t use it for my face. At the moment, it is used as a cover for our kombucha brew. For this purpose, it is perfect!
I don’t have a picture of the cloth, but it is the same material as their cloth bags.
The Black Bag
Aesop has cleverly packaged the London Kit in a zipper black bag that is not only discreet, it feels sturdy and made of a polyester material. It is larger and heavier than any of my other toiletry bags so it is not one that I constantly take on trips.
Highly recommend this bag for a gift or for yourself if you are going on a short trip or travelling long haul. It has all the best sellers in a small size so you can take it everywhere you go. I can’t wait to try the other travel kits Aesop has released.