When I started making my own mouthwash, I followed the recipes to the dot. However, some recipes were too strong on the baking soda and others were too weak in the peppermint flavour. I’ve learnt that you just have to tweak the recipe to your own tasting. Nonetheless, here is my go to recipe for mouthwash. This has saved so much money from not buying supermarket brands, saved so many plastic bottles from the landfill and just perfect to my mouthwash tasting preference.
- Mouthwash bottle 500ml (This is mine)
- Filtered water – 450ml
- Peppermint oil – 20 drops
- Baking soda – 2 tablespoon
- Fill the mouthwash bottle with the filtered water
- Funnel through the baking soda into the bottle
- Drop 20 drops of peppermint oil into the bottle
That’s it! Bam! You’re done.
Another thing, I like to shake the bottle everytime before I use the mouthwash, in case the peppermint oil decides to separate.