Who Gives a Crap Toilet Paper is a toilet paper that doesn’t come in plastic packaging, 100% recycled toilet paper and not bleached with chemicals. They offer a free trial that costs just the postage fee of £3. The free trial contains 2 recycled toilet papers and 2 bamboo toilet papers.
Why Who Gives a Crap Toilet Paper?
- 100% recycled – giving paper another life.
- Toilet paper is wrapped in paper not plastic (so a more zero waste friendly alternative to regular toilet paper that comes in a plastic wrap).
- Cute packaging is nice to display instead of hiding away in a dark cupboard
- For my Zero Waste conscience, it’s a great alternative to plastic wrapped toilet paper. Although I tried to find ways to reuse this plastic wrap, I just know it’s going to the landfill and clogging up more space.
- It lasts longer than our regular toilet paper, that might be because the sheets are thinner so unconsciously we have been using less toilet paper.
- The toilet roll spool is a solid piece of cardboard. It feels sturdy compared to regular toilet paper spools.
- It is more expensive than our regular brand of toilet paper. At £36 for 48 rolls that’s £0.75 per roll. Compared to our £3 for 9 rolls at £0.33 per roll, that’s almost double the price! The Bamboo version is even more expensive, at £40 for 48 rolls.
- Thickness. Or lack there of. Although it says 3-ply, it is significantly thinner than your regular 3-ply. You would have to double your square count when you go to wipe, to get the same thickness. The thinness of this toilet paper makes me recognise if I would purchase this toilet paper again.
Who Gives a Crap toilet has hit all the right notes of quirkiness, sustainability and marketing. However, due to the price (more than double the regular toilet costs) and the thinness of the toilet paper, I won’t be purchasing this product again. I would like to see a more affordable option for us money conscious folks trying to be environmentally friendly.