The Brompton Tote bag is a stylish, practical and suitable for daily use. It comes with a reflective shower cap rain cover that is very handy for wet weather. This is one of the girlier looking bags that is more subtle for the corporate environment.
What fits in the Brompton Tote bag?
- 1 Kleen Kanteen water bottle
- A change of clothes
- A5 Moleskin diary
- Work pass
- Overnight oats jar (500ml)
- Pyrex glass lunch box (500ml)
- Couple of pens
- Reflective rain cover
- Banana and apple (for snacks!)
- Fits everything I need for a work day in the office. A change of clothes, all my food and my diary.
- It is easy to pack as I put the glass containers down the bottom first and then fit everything around them
- The front pocket allows me to store my work pass for quick access. I am able to whip out my pass in a matter of seconds instead of scrambling through the main section.
- Solid make – the fabric feels very sturdy and the slightly water proof finish allows you to wipe the bag down if there is light rain.
- It is not expandable. Other Brompton bags offer an expandable option, where the roll top provides extra space when required. The Brompton Tote is more rigid in this sense where all the space you see is all the space you’re going to get. Anything more, you’ll be spilling over the allotted bag space and requires tucking in the strap to secure the items when you are riding.
- Quite expensive. At £75 for this bag it seems a little dear for what it is. However, because it mounts perfectly every time I ride, it’s paid off for me not having a sweaty back when I get off the bike.
If you are looking for a more feminine looking Brompton bag, this is the bag to go for. It has enough space and has forced me to really think about what I really need to bring to work everyday. Perhaps a minimalist bag in disguise! I love the subtle grey colour and the strap that ticks in neatly on the side whilst I ride.
28th July, 2019 – Bag Update on Wear and Tear
It’s been roughly a year and a half since owning the bag. Here’s some photos to show you how well its held up. One thing to note is the white shoulder strap is getting a bit grey/dirty. I probably could wash it but I can’t be bothered. The material of the bag overall feel slightly water resistant and I haven’t wiped it down yet. So overall, a low maintenance bag that still looks good over time.